Monday, September 29, 2008

Uncle Eliza's Guide to Being Perfect



by Eliza K. S.

Be cool, be awesome, be attractive, be you.


Hi, my name is Eliza, and I'm going to tell you how to be perfect. Don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect, but I try to think I am and make other people think so too. You see, it's impossible to be literally perfect, but you can still be awesome and virtually perfect. But you don't want to hear this, do you? You want to be (almost) perfect, don't you? Of course you do! If not, why are you still here? So, without further ado;


The basics of being perfect

Admit and accept

You have flaws. Deal with it. Knowing you have flaws is the first step to fixing them. Accepting is more important than admitting, but they're both very important when trying to solve any problem. Accepting something is believing it with all (or at least most) of your brain. This is crucial! If you skip this step, nothing will get done. Having a problem and not accepting it is called denial. Denial is bad. Admitting something is getting to the point where you can tell other people, even if it's just one or two people that you really trust. This is good because if you don't admit something, no one can help you, so you're alone, just you and your problem at some classy, romantic, candle lit restaurant. No matter how much trouble you have getting a date, you don't want that.

Believe

You can be awesome, you can be smart, you can be talented, and you need to know it. If you don't believe, you'll be more likely to fail.

Watch the 'tude

A good attitude is a very good thing to have when trying to be happy with yourself and fix problems.

Instead of saying “I'm fat and ugly” someone with a good and positive attitude might say “I'm overweight, but I can deal with that. I don't think I'm very good-looking, so I should try to focus on positive aspects of my appearance, and try to fix whatever negative ones I can.”

Work on it

If you've managed the first three steps, that's great, but just that won't magically solve all your problems. You have to work on them, one or two at time, until you've gotten them all. As much as you may wish you could snap your fingers and be done with it, it won't happen.


To be continued in Part 2.....


photo courtesy of sideshowmom at morguefile.com

No comments: